Joseph Bulmer (1761-1822)
Joseph Bulmer was born at Rothwell near Leeds. He joined the Methodists at an early age and in 1780 moved to London where he was a leading member of the society at City Road. He served for many years as steward of the circuit and was the first treasurer of the Methodist Auxiliary Missionary Society in London, and one of the general treasurers of the Children's Fund. His residence at the time of his death was Duncan Terrace in Islington. His wife Agnes (1775-1836) was also a member of the society and contributed verse to the Methodist Magazine and the Children's Instructor.
The couple are buried in a vault under City Road Chapel.
Source: City Road Chapel, London, and its Associations... by George J. Stevenson (London 1872), 498-499