Richard Church Papers
Date range: 1920-1972.
Papers of Richard Thomas Church (1893-1972), poet, novelist and literary critic, one-time President of the Royal Society of Literature.
Church published numerous volumes of poetry from 1917 onwards, mainly of a Georgian flavour, as well as adult and children's fiction and three volumes of autobiography.
The collection contains:
- personal correspondence
- correspondence with publishers, agents and other authors
- business and financial papers
- original manuscripts and typescripts of his major works
- manuscript and typescript copies of essays and talks
- typescripts and cuttings of reviews
- travel papers
Unpublished outline list.