Northern Baptist College Archive
Date range: 1838-1971.
There are 88 manuscript volumes in the Northern Baptist College Archive. There are two items by John Fawcett (1740-1817), but the bulk comprises minute books, account books and other records of various Baptist organizations in North-West England.
The largest number relate to Longsight Baptist Church in Manchester, 1887-1970, with smaller archives for churches in Manchester, Padiham, Carlisle and Llangollen.
Local associations and organizations represented include:
- the Baptist Building Fund Liverpool Auxiliary
- Lancashire and Cheshire Association of Baptist Churches
- Lancashire and Cheshire Baptist Women's League
- Bury and Rossendale District Baptist Lay Preachers' Association
- Manchester District Baptist Union
- Lancashire and Cheshire Baptist Women's Federation
There is a separate collection of records from Aenon Baptist Church, Burnley.
See also the Northern Baptist College printed collection.
Provisional outline list.