A collection of Judaic literature, formerly the working library of Arthur Marmorstein (1882-1946), a noted rabbinic scholar of Hungarian origin who taught at Jews' College, London, from 1912 to 1946.
The collection, purchased by the Library in 1973, contains Hebraica and Talmudic literature from the 16th century onwards, but mainly from the 19th century.
It is especially rich in classical rabbinic texts and in East European responsa. Some 40 per cent of the collection is in Hebrew, 25 per cent in English, 10 per cent in Hungarian and the remainder in other languages, principally German.
The collection also contains a small quantity of Marmorstein’s own research papers, and a handful of manuscripts collected by him.
The majority of items can be found with .