H.J. Wilson Anti-Slavery Collection
A collection of 19th-century anti-slavery pamphlets received in 1923 from the executors of Henry Joseph Wilson (1833-1914), the distinguished Liberal Member of Parliament for Sheffield.
The collection is of particular importance for the study of the activities of the provincial philanthropic societies, such as:
- the Birmingham and Midland Freedmen's Aid Association
- the Birmingham and West Bromwich Ladies' Negro's Friend Society
- the Glasgow Emancipation Society
- the Manchester Union and Emancipation Society
- the Sheffield Female Anti Slavery Society
Recorded in .
Published microfilm: Anti-Slavery Materials: Regional Records and Other Pamphlets, 18th-19th Centuries - The Collection of the John Rylands University Library, Manchester (London: World Microfilms, 1989).