James Walker (fl.1757-1780)
James Walker was a baker and confectioner of Sheffield, Yorkshire. He was an early convert to Methodism and was one of the original trustees of the town's first Wesleyan Chapel in Mulberry Street and later (1779) of the new chapel in Norfolk Street. He also served as a class leader for many years and provided hospitality for itinerant preachers.
Walker's recorded address changed several times. He appears to have commenced his business in Pepper Alley, but then moved to the High Street.
Source: Papers of Samuel Bardsley (MARC) and History of Norfolk Street Wesleyan Chapel and Wesleyan Methodism in Sheffield by Revd. T. Alexander Seed (Sheffield Wesleyan Mission, 1907), 26-27.