menu icon mobile devices search icon mobile devicesSearch the site

John Madin (fl.1750)

John Madin was converted in 1739 by the preaching of William Darney and subsequently served as steward of the Keighley circuit in Yorkshire. He was instrumental in the building of the first Methodist chapel in his native district of Rossendale in Lancashire.

Source: J. W. Laycock, Methodist Heroes in the Great Haworth Round (1909), 41 and 120.

Return to McAllum - Mylne

Can we help?