James Jones (d.1783)
James Jones was a native of Staffordshire.
Converted by Charles Wesley in 1743, he entered the itinerancy shortly after.
Following his retirement in 1749 he built the first Methodist chapel in Staffordshire at his own expense and continued to preach locally until his death.
Source: J. W. Laycock, Methodist Heroes in the Great Haworth Round (1909), 47, 51, and a letter of Joseph Reeves to Thomas Jackson 1839 DDCW 6/31 (MARC)