menu icon mobile devices search icon mobile devicesSearch the site

William George (d.1818)

William George was a wealthy shop-keeper, who was among the earliest members of the Methodist Society in Seven Oaks, Kent.

In 1774 or 1775 he erected at his own expense the first Methodist Chapel in the town and served as steward of the Sussex Circuit for over forty years.

Source: Arminian Magazine 1818, 481ff.

Return to Galland - Gwyther

Can we help?