George Clark (1711-97)
George Clark was converted at the age of thirty-five after hearing John Wesley preach at the Foundry. He was appointed a class leader with such success that he had to form two additional classes. Clark was a close friend and correspondent of John Wesley and freqently provided hospitality for visiting preachers.
When City Road Chapel was erected, Clark took a plot of adjacent land and built a house, which after his death was lived in by one of the City Road ministers.
Clark and his wife Adylena are interred near the east wall of City Road Chapel close to the altar.
His wife Adylena (1727-1807) was a great favourite of John Wesley and enjoyed a considerable reputation for piety.
Source: George John Stevenson, City Road Chapel, London, and its Associations, Historical, Biographical, and Memorial (1872), pp.506-507