Date range: 11th-18th centuries.
Documents from the archives of the younger branch of the Florentine family of Medici, formerly in the possession of the Marquis Cosimo and the Marquis Averardo de' Medici.
- a grant from Pietro di Pietro Petroni to the church and monastery of St Barnabas of Gamungno, Faenza, in 1085
- a papal bull of Pope Pius II to the Archdeacon of Florence concerning the foundation of a canonry in the church of San Lorenzo, 1462
- a letter from Pope Leo X to Zanobi de' Medici, 1521
- credentials of Francesco de' Medici as envoy of Pope Clement VII to Charles de Bourbon, Count of Saint Pol, 1529
- letters from Francesco I, Grand Duke of Tuscany, to Raffaello de' Medici, 1575-1577
- letters from Ferdinando I, Duke of Florence, to the Marquis Biagio Capizucchi in Avignon and others, 1589-1608
- numerous medieval and post-medieval grants, letters patent, court orders, records of judgements, agreements, correspondence and accounts
- Published handlist, Robert Fawtier, Handlist of Charters, Deeds, and Similar Documents in the Possession of the John Rylands Library, vol. 1 (Manchester, 1925).
- Also available online via the A2A website.