Manchester Egyptian and Oriental Society Archive
Date range: c.1906-1965.
The society, which was closely associated with the University of Manchester, was formed in 1912 by the merger of the Manchester Egyptian Association and the Manchester Oriental Society.
The archive contains:
- minutes of the M.E.A., 1906-1912, the M.O.S., 1910-1912, and the M.E.O.S., 1912-1961
- a membership book
- financial papers
- journals of the Manchester Branch of the Society for Hebraic Studies, 1917-1934
- papers relating to the Manchester University Department of Semitic Studies seminars in Old Testament studies, 1945-1959
- essays presented to Dr Israel Wolf Slotki on his 80th birthday in 1964
- manuscript volumes
- a small number of photographs
- miscellaneous printed books and periodicals
- press cuttings