Manchester Pharmaceutical Association Archive
Date range: 1828–1977.
The Manchester Pharmaceutical Association was founded in 1828 as the Apothecaries, Chemists and Druggists Society. By 1868 the title had been modified to the Manchester Chemists and Druggists Association, and the name was changed again in 1883 to the Manchester Pharmaceutical Association.
In 1922 the Manchester, Salford and District Branch of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain was established, and the Branch and Association have since worked in parallel.
The archive comprises:
- minute books of the MPA and its predecessors
- account books, bank books and other financial records
- membership registers and lists; publications
- general correspondence and correspondence relating to subscriptions
- records relating to the MPA’s educational and training activities, such as lectures, prospectuses and examination records connected with courses in pharmacy at Owens College and Manchester University, and at Manchester College of Pharmacy
- miscellaneous papers
Catalogue available online via the A2A website.