Services for alumni
The University of Manchester Library is committed to providing all alumni of the University of Manchester with a quality library service working closely with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
We are constantly looking at ways in which the alumni can make most use of the Library after graduating. If you have any comments or suggestions please use the feedback form.
Once you have graduated from The University of Manchester you can apply for a graduate library card free of charge.
- Continued access to all University libraries.*
- Unlimited use of the Library Catalogue.
- Borrow up to 15 books for a period of 4 weeks. This excludes High Demand items.**
- Check your borrower record and renew your books online.
- Request items via Document Supply and Inter-Library Loans.
- A number of Journals and Databases can be accessed via walk-in-user PCs in the Main Library.
*Access to the Eddie Davies Library is only for alumni who were postgraduate students of the Manchester Business School.
**15 book limit will apply from 23 July 2013.
- Remote access to JSTOR via Your Manchester Online including publications such as:
- Journal of International Business Studies
- British Medical Journal
- Journal of Marketing
How to apply
- In person in the Main Library*
- By e-mail to email@example.com
An application form can be downloaded from the membership page.
*Graduates of MBS should register at the Eddie Davies Library
Manchester Business School alumni
If you are a graduate from one of the postgraduate courses at the Manchester Business School you are also entitled to visit and use the Eddie Davies Library.
In addition, the Library area on MBSNetwork Online, the exclusive password protected networking portal for MBS alumni, provides global access to a range of electronic research resources.
You will need to self register to use the resources.