Services for alumni
The University of Manchester Library is committed to providing all alumni of the University of Manchester with a quality library service working closely with the Division of Development and Alumni Relations.
We are constantly looking at ways in which the alumni can make most use of the Library after graduating. If you have any comments or suggestions please use the feedback form.
Electronic Library Access
Login to YourManchester and access a range of the Library's e-resources from wherever you are in the world:
- NEW! SAGE e-journalscollection spanningbusiness, humanities, social sciences, science, technology & medicine
- NEW! DASH UK company financial information
- NEW! KEY NOTE UK market sector reports
- JSTOR 1000+ interdisciplinary e-journals to support teaching and learning
On Campus Library access
Alumni can access the Library free of charge when they come back to campus *
- Borrow up to 15 books for four weeks (exc. High Demand books)
- Walk-in access to more electronic resources
How to apply
- In person in the Main Library *
- An application form can be downloaded from the membership page.
- Graduates of MBS should register at the Eddie Davies Library
* You will need an alumni Library card; you can get those by taking your Alumni Association membership card to the Customer Services Desk on the Ground Floor of the Main Library. If you haven’t got an Alumni Association card yet, you can request a letter from the Division of Development and Alumni Relations, room G2 in the Christie building. Take your letter to the main library for your alumni library card.
Manchester Business School alumni
If you are a graduate from one of the postgraduate courses at the Manchester Business School you are also entitled to visit and use the Eddie Davies Library.
In addition, the Library area on MBSNetwork Online, the exclusive password protected networking portal for MBS alumni, provides global access to a range of electronic research resources.
You will need to self register to use the resources.