Renewing and returning books
How do I renew my books?
Standard loans can be renewed at the end of semester as long as they are not required by another reader.
You can renew:
- using the My Account link in Library Search; enter your University username and password (customers who are not University staff or students can obtain a username and password from us)
- in person at any Library issue desk
It is your responsibility to ensure that books are renewed or returned on time.
The date given at the point of issue or renewal is the official notification of when they are due back.
If you are unable to renew your books please contact the Library.
Where do I return books?
In order to ensure that books are taken off your record promptly, make sure to return them to the library from which they were borrowed. This places them back in circulation and makes them available for others to borrow as soon as possible.
- You can return items by using the self-return machine (available at Main Library and in High Demand). Please pay careful attention to the instructions given on the screen of self-return machine and keep your receipt as proof of return.
- Some of our smaller site libraries operate book boxes when the library is closed so that you can return books outside of their normal opening hours.
- Books from Joule Library and the Main Library may be returned to either site.
You can now also return books using the book return boxes located in University Place and Owens Park, the Samuel Alexander building and the Ellen Wilkinson building.
You can return books from any library using the boxes but please note that they will not be removed from your account immediately.
High demand books must not be left in the boxes. In the event of service breakdown, collection of the books from the boxes cannot be guaranteed.