Overdue books and Library fines
Do you charge fines if my books become overdue?
Yes we do.
This is to ensure that stock is put back in to circulation as quickly as possible for the benefit of all students.
What are the fine rates?
Fine rates are as follows and apply to all staff and students of the University and other categories of membership who can borrow books.
|Loan type||Daily fine rate||Maximum charges per book|
|High demand||50p per hour or part of an hour, not including weekends||
|Recalled loan||£2 per day||
How do I pay a fine?
You can pay Library fines by the following methods:
- by using our ePayment system
- You can credit your central account at any time using a credit/debit card.
- Alternatively, you can credit your account using cash at one of the automated touch-screen payment kiosks.
- Once you have credited your account click the "Pay Library fines" link to transfer credit and clear your outstanding charges.
- by telephone using a credit/debit card
- by cash or credit/debit card at Main Library, Joule and Precinct (min card transaction £3)