IT and copying facilities
IT and printing facilities
The Main Library is one of the major computer cluster locations in The University of Manchester. Most of the networked computers and printers are located on Blue 1.
The library has:
- 328 PCs (Windows 7), includes 44 quick-use PCs
- 13 library catalogue PCs
- 4 PCs for external users (academic research only)
- 12 mono and 10 colour multi-function devices (integrated printer, photocopier and scanner)
- 3 touch-screen kiosks for topping up print credit
- 12 desktop scanners attached to quick-use PCs
IT support is provided at the Information Desk on Blue 1.
Details of the University's computer clusters and IT services for staff and students are available on the Manchester IT Services webpages.
Using the Library wireless network
Wireless networking is available throughout the Main Library.
Watch our how to connect to WiFi video.