Address and contact
The Stopford Library
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences
The University of Manchester
Tel: 0161 275 5540 (Internal number x55540)
- Jo Delaney – Customer Services Co-ordinator
- Zoe Lawrenson – Customer Services Assistant (Currently on maternity leave)
- Abbie Tudge – Customer Services Assistant
The last entry to the Library will be 15 minutes before the officially advertised closure time. This is to ensure that all customers can vacate the building safely and securely.
Access to the Library is by valid University of Manchester ID card.
- Closed Thursday, 25 December 2014 to Sunday, 4 January 2015 (inclusive)
- Closed Friday, 3 April to Monday, 6 April (inclusive)
- Closed Monday, 4 May and Monday, 25 May
Collections and resources
The Stopford Library serves the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences.
The Library holds core texts and also other recommended reading for first and second year students in the schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy. We also hold recommended reading for students in the Faculty of Life Sciences.
We have 10 sets of half skeletons, two iPads and several anatomical models which are all loanable.
There is also a life size vertical skeleton for use in the Library affectionately known as Ernest. We have a small anatomy DVD collection and sell basic stationery products.
There are 2 MFDs (one colour and one black and white), and 12 quick-use PCs.
The Library is for quiet working with a separate silent study area (Except during the examination period when the whole library is for silent study only).
Bottled water and covered drinks may be consumed in the Library.