Eddie Davies Library
Manchester Business School
The University of Manchester
Booth Street West
The last entry to the Library will be 15 minutes before the officially advertised closure time. This is to ensure that all customers can vacate the building safely and securely.
Access to the Library is by valid University of Manchester ID card.
|Monday to Friday||9am||10pm|
*Closed Friday, 29 March until Monday, 1 April 2013
*Closed Monday, 6 May 2013
*Closed Monday, 27 May 2013
|Monday to Friday||9am||7pm|
Saturday 24 August and Monday 26 August - Closed
|Monday to Friday||9am||5pm|
Access to the Eddie Davies Library
The Eddie Davies Library is a specialist library dedicated to the support of teaching & research in the subject area of business & management for which it operates in tandem with the Precinct Library. Its location at the heart of Manchester Business School makes it a key part of the MBS experience. The Eddie Davies Library is open to
- Staff & postgraduate students of The University of Manchester & MBS
- MBS alumni
- Corporate clients of the Business Information Service
- MBS executive education delegates
- Academic research community
Undergraduates at The University of Manchester may be entitled to access the MBS graduate library facility by special arrangement. You should contact a member of Eddie Davies Library staff for further information.
- Modern, climate controlled environment provides a comfortable & relaxed study atmosphere.
- Wireless internet access at all study points; also public pcs with ready access to printing facilities and recordable DVD drives.
- Specialist collections include dedicated holdings of business & management books & journals, plus access to the latest market research reports and statistical information.
- Research archive of company annual reports, academic journals and statistical data dating back to the 1950s.
- Extended term time opening hours.
- Training & group seminar room available.
- Separate business study area for corporate clients
- Full user enquiry service offered on a daily basis. Service is offered via face to face, telephone or email.
- One-to-one consultation service.
- Business research service for companies.
- Specialist training sessions provided on a wide range of electronic business & management data resources.
- Postal loan & document supply services.
- Access to a comprenhesive range of user support guides.
The Eddie Davies Library provides networked PCs and printing facilities, with laptop connection points at each study desk for MBA students, and wireless access for internet searching once registered with Manchester Computing.
There are also dedicated Library catalogue terminals and photocopying facilities within the Library.