New look Library Search is now live
The new look, responsive design, Library Search
Following an initial launch of a new beta version of Library Search in April, we asked you for your thoughts on the new features to help us improve the site. We have now reviewed and incorporated your comments into a final version of Library Search, which was made live on the Library website on Monday 4 July, 2016.
The main difference you will notice is a major update to the look and feel of Library Search so that it matches the Library website. This is to make the experience for users as consistent as possible. Other enhancements that we have made include:
- A new search form with options to filter your search by type of item/resource such as: books, databases, audio visual, archives and more
- Improved responsive design features for mobiles including:
- Access to the e-shelf, My Account, Log-in/out
- A new menu providing access to functionality previously only available to PC users such as New search, Subject guides, and Can’t find what you are looking for?
- New buttons at the top of the search results allowing you to filter your results to show items that are Available in the Library, Available in the Library now, Peer-reviewed Journals, or Full-Text Online
- Better naming of buttons in the search results such as Find in Library, Find online
- The addition of our online chat function, Can we help?
In response to specific customer feedback received about the beta version of Library Search we have also:
- Book covers in search results are larger, but the increase in size has been scaled down.
- Adjusted headings and text in the search results to ensure that the same number of results is displayed on the screen.
Further details about the changes, including screenshots, can be found in .
If you are experiencing difficulties with Library Search, then please make a member of staff aware.
We hope you find the new Library Search more useful and easy to use. If you have any comments or feedback, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Updated: Tue, Jul 5, 2016